Section I – Your Profile
Careten will need specific information from you to facilitate the creation of your personal profile as a Care Seeker or Care Provider. You will need to provide background information such as your specialty, educational credentials, services offered, rates, and location. This information will be accessible to other Site Visitors or Users. See Section III below for specific details.
Section II - User Agreement
Section III - Personal Data Collected
The personal data (“Personal Data”) that you provide to us upon registration is completely voluntary and on a consensual basis. This data includes your phone number, email address and other information that enables site users to view your identity and contact you.
A) Specific Types of Data Collected
- Care Seekers will need to provide information that includes name, contact information, date of birth, medical condition, services required, and a photo.
- Care Providers and other Members will need to provide information that may include contact information, date of birth, criminal background, bank/financial information, educational credentials, work experience, interests and driver’s license number.
- Careten may retain your contact information and the messages or feedback you send to us, as a means of providing a response
- Careten may retain the email addresses of non-users of our Site once such information is provided by our Members; although these addresses are used for communication purposes only, and non-users can unsubscribe from receiving emails from us.
Careten also collects data that other Members may post or provide about you, such as data posted by your Care Provider, or by a Care Seeker.
Additionally, Careten may utilize services that identify member locations in order to aid with specific services. We may also utilize third party services to aid in tracking non-personally identifiable data. Third parties such as those that provide background checks may also share with us personal data about you, which we may then store.
Section IV - Use of Your Personal Data
A) General Use
- Provide feedback to your questions and issues, or request data from you, via the email address or telephone number you supplied
- Offer customer support and fulfill your service requests
- Forward security and other advisories, as well as notifications related to your services and products
- Facilitate such functions as background checks
- Check credentials of healthcare providers
- Aid in the creation and storing of your profile
- Notify you of any Service changes or issues
- Forward information related to billing
- Enhance our Services, and customize your user experience
- Provide marketing materials to you about our Services/Product offerings
B) Third Party Use
Please note that we may also be required to share your personal and other data with legal, government or other external parties, for matters such as court and trial events, and subpoenas. Also note that should our business be acquired by another company, all of our files, assets and Member information is likely to be acquired as well.
Section V - Protection of Your Personal Data
It is our goal to ensure that Users of our Site have a safe environment in which to share their information. As such, Careten has implemented processes and reputable technologies to keep your Personal Data secure, and free from loss, illegal disclosure, misuse or manipulation, or access by unsanctioned parties. However, as with any other website and database, security breaches can occur, and we cannot provide a full guarantee against such breaches. To help protect your data, please bear in mind the following:
- Strive to create a strong password such as one that uses both words and numbers
- Do not share your password with anyone, unless you wish to grant them access to your account
- Take caution regarding forwarding emails with sensitive, confidential information to us
Our Services are only available to people who are age 18 or older. Careten does not intentionally collect Personal Data from Site visitors under age 18. Parents and guardians should ensure that children under age 18 do not provide personal data to Our Site. We will act to remove any personal data entered on Our Site by a minor, once we are notified.
Section VII - Notification to Foreign Residents
For foreign residents who may access our Site, please note that the privacy laws in your country of residence may differ from those of the U.S. and other countries. As we are a U.S. based Site, the collection and use of any information that you voluntarily provide to us will be in accordance with U.S. laws and restrictions.
Section VIII - Choices
In order to accommodate the needs of our Members, Careten provides choices related to the use of personal information, as well as how your information is collected and disclosed. Specifically, you can choose to stop receiving the promotional or other information you receive from us by email. You may still receive information from us regarding changes in our Service, administrative issues, along with important policy updates. If you decide to opt-out of providing certain personal information, please be aware that certain Site areas may no longer be accessible to you.
Section IX - Account Changes
The information you provide in your profile may be modified or updated by you at your discretion. You may contact us at any time to delete the personal information in your profile, or the profile itself. However, we may still be required to keep the information you provided for a specific time period, or for specific reasons, and the information may be archived in our system. Please bear in mind as well that we cannot remove or authorize the removal of any information that have already been provided to third parties about you.
Section XI - Messaging Service
Section XII - Contact Us